Thursday, December 17, 2009

2009 Recap!

2009 has been an incredible year for me. In my personal life, I married a great woman and we have begun our lives together. 2009 had some ups and downs, however, I was preoccupied with plans for my wedding and producing my last DVD product Shatterproof Spine. A bit different than my previous video, Shatterproof Spine hit upon a topic that I feel is a very important in obtaining new clients and retaining old ones. 80% of the American population suffers from some sort of low back pain and discomfort; so why not develop a product that addresses the specific concerns of this debilitating condition? Shatterproof Spine is a lecture and practical using the works of Stuart McGill--renowned low back expert--and applying his findings and research to training.
Over the course of the year I have received tons of great feedback regarding the blog. Most of you have enjoyed the many diverse topics I have posted including:

My training business has seen a rise in production too. I have learned how to attract new clients through effective marketing and closing skills. I have acquired a number of clients with multiple issues that need addressing with corrective exercise programming and proper cueing. As the year went on, so did the learning process. Its funny how much you can continuously learn more about your craft if you know where to look. This year I finished a number of books, including:
Starting Strength (2nd edition)
Never Let Go: A Philosophy of Lifting, Living and Learning
...and I have begun to read Coach Boyle's newest book:
Advances in Functional Training: Training Techniques for Coaches, Personal Trainers and Athletes

I have had the opportunity to interview many strength coaches and fitness professionals that I admire--most of which have had a profound effect on my own training and approach to program design. Some of the coolest interviews I have conducted this year include:
Eric Cressey

In 2009, I also completed another project with the National Academy of Sports Medicine. This new project entails helping young trainers develop the essential business skills to become more profitable and potent in their job hunting endeavors.

I envision 2010 becoming a "break out" year for me. As wedding plans are now over, I can now fully concentrate on my business, training, and continuing education to help further me more and more into this profession that I truly love. I can't wait to share it with all of you! Be on the lookout for more great content in over the next 12 months!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out the blog and commenting!