Monday, June 29, 2009

"Never Let Go" - Dan John

I was forwarded a copy of Dan John's book "Never Let Go". I'll be honest with you, I had heard of Dan John on IronOnline, but I wasn't too familiar with his work. Well, I got my hands on his new book and I literally couldn't put it down. Jam packed with 400 pages, Dan John discusses his perspectives on 'lifting, living, and learning' and does it in a way that is engaging and thoughtful.

You know, lifting weights is a process. It's a process of changing the physicality of the human body, but also a process of enhancing the human spirit. It's a process where you lose yourself in and you learn more about yourself. It's a private competition between your present self versus your past self. And each completed workout is a small victory in the battles of life. After reading Dan John's work, I realized that this is all true.

I highly recommend picking up a copy of this book. Summer is upon us and nothing begs your attention better than a good book while sitting under the warm sun on the beach or in your backyard. Do yourself a favor and pick up your copy at IronOnline.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out the blog and commenting!