Friday, October 10, 2008

Izzo's Random Thoughts (10/10/08)

  • Eco-friendly gyms (or "green gyms") are spreading throughout the country. I am trying to do my part with my facility by shutting off TVs, dimming lights during afternoons, and checking the temperature periodically. I like the electricity generated by human activity thing...hmmm...what if it came down to performing physical activity was the only means of enjoying the simple conveniences of life like powering a blow dryer? I found this on CNN yesterday regarding a gym in Oregon.

  • My knee is feeling alot better. I have switched to front squats the last 6 weeks and it has helped shift the stress away from the quadriceps tendon to a degree. If you suffer from acute quad tendinitis, you should consider front squats over the leg press.

  • I am gearing up for my Powerpoint presentation at Manchester Community College (in CT)beginning on Oct. 14th. If you are in the area, sign up for the WITS course and give me a listen.

  • I brought back a $800 laptop, for a refund,to Circuit City and it has been 5 days and I have yet to see the "credit" on my card. My blood is starting to boil...

  • Speaking of credit cards...the standAPART website has been down temporarily as I straighten out some billing issues with my hosting company. I am hoping it will be back up soon with a new look. In the meantime, you have this blog to check out!!!

  • My favorite new snack is 25% Less Fat Crunchy Peanut Butter with Syntrax Chocolate Truffle. I mean, I literally eat the peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon--like ice cream and drink my shake to wash it down. Mmmm...can you say yummy?
Have a great weekend! See you on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. If everyone that ate ice cream out of the carton, switched to peanut butter, we'd be a lot better off -lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out the blog and commenting!