Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sharing the Wealth

If you haven't already checked out my colleague Leigh Peele's blog yet, you should now. She has made some changes to it and it looks great. Check it out here: http://avidityfitness.net/front

By the way, I think like Leigh...or I suppose I do, in regards to your weight gain is due to your eating habits. Most "heavy" individuals like to "blame" their thyroid. But I remember, my good friend Robert Devito (from e3 Weight Management solutions based in NJ) once told a class:

"If I stuck you on Survivor Island for 30 days...do you think your thyroid would prevent you from losing weight or do you think the idea of hunting, killing, and preparing your food AND performing physical activities would actually work?"

I love the look I get from the overweight people when I tell them that....

1 comment:

  1. Ha I always like going with the...

    "If I threw you in a closest for 30 days with water and one apple a day, think you would lose weight?"

    Great look from that one. A light bulb above their head usually follows.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out the blog and commenting!